Stream by AlphaSense has an ever-growing expert call library offering a range of industry perspectives. February has been marked by the continuation of M&A deals and the re-emergence of biotech IPO activity after a quiet 2022. For healthcare fans, look no further for a February 2023 recap of expert call transcripts that provoke deeper insights on trending healthcare topics, upcoming events, and market movers.
You’ll find a sneak peek of these expert call transcripts below, but you can gain full access with a 14-day free trial of Stream.
A selection of Stream interviews that are particularly insightful, thought-provoking or unique.
- EOLS: Former Exec Director Is Bullish on EOLS but Believes It Needs to Add More Products to Its Portfolio to Remain Competitive – Former Executive Director, Strategic Marketing at Evolus Inc.
- ROG-SE: Immunologist Thinks There is Still Hope for Anti-TIGIT as the Next Immuno-Oncology Target Despite ROG-SE Setback – Immunologist at the University of Pittsburgh
- HCAT: Former VP Believes HCAT Needs to Pivot Its Organization but Has the Talent to Eventually Do So – Former Vice President at Health Catalyst Inc.
Life Sciences Tools
- CDNA: Former Sr. Scientist Believes CDNA’s Senior Management Does Not Have A Clear Picture Of The R&D Process – Former Senior Scientist at CareDx Inc.
- OCPNY: Former Regional VP Thinks OCPNY’s Surgical Business Will Continue to Struggle Without Structural Organizational Changes – Former Regional Vice President at Olympus Corporation
In the News
Stream expert transcripts that provide context to recent news events.
2/10: MLYS raised $192M through an upsized IPO, marking one of the biotech sector’s largest offerings since 2Q22. MYLS’ initial drug candidate, MLS-101, is an aldosterone synthase inhibitor for uncontrolled hypertension.
- Two physicians recently interviewed for Stream’s expert transcript library are generally positive about MLS-101 and see the drug used as third-line or later in the therapy regimen.
“I would probably put [MLS-101] after the third drug... It would probably have to be introduced with the purpose of substituting a drug that was deemed ineffective.” – Clinical cardiologist with Bay Area Cardiology
- The Stream library also contains physician interviews on uncontrolled hypertension drugs being developed by IDRSF and by CinCor Pharma (recently acquired by AZN). Check out this example and this one.
2/3: GILD’s Trodelvy received FDA approval for previously treated HR-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer.
- Trodelvy is likely to have difficulty taking share from AZN and DSNKY’s first-to-market Enhertu, according to oncologists featured in Stream’s coverage of the ESMO 2022 Congress, where Trodelvy results were presented last fall.
“We’ve been using [Enhertu] for a long time. It’s a much easier drug to give. The GI toxicity that you see with Trodelvy is not seen with Enhertu, nor do you see significant neutropenia, [which] you see with Trodelvy.” – Oncologist in private practice
Life Sciences Tools
2/6: CTLT shares jumped on reports of DHR expressing interest in acquiring the contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO).
- In this Stream interview, a former CTLT VP provides in-depth insights on CTLT and the CDMO landscape:
“Out of the top three CDMOs – [Catalent, Lonza and ThermoFisher] – cell and gene therapy [manufacturing] is new for all of them… Those are areas where everybody’s weak and everybody’s got some credibility to prove over the next few years.” – Former Vice President of Engineering Specialty Delivery, Technologies and Clinical Supply at Catalent Inc.
2/8: CVS announced a definitive agreement to acquire OSH after rumors of the deal circulated in early January.
- Stream’s January Healthcare Recap reported positive sentiment among Stream experts about OSH’s market opportunities. Two former OSH employees interviewed since then are also positive on the company and also provide detailed insights into OSH’s business operations.
“[Oak Street Health has] maximized the efficiency of the clinic. They know the staffing, they know the timing, they know the scheduling. They’ve got the cookie cutter and can just recreate this wherever they find the greatest strategic opportunity.” – Former Managed Care Operations Manager with Oak Street Health
2/9: ABT announced plans to acquire cardiovascular device maker CSII.
- Stream experts have generally been pessimistic on CSII’s prospects because of competitive pressure.
“The challenge is the pricing just has continued to come down because of the fierce competition in the peripheral space. I don’t see that changing at all. I see that continuing… even if [insurance] reimbursement goes up.” – Former District Sales Manager with Cardiovascular Systems Inc.
Stream expert transcripts to help prepare for upcoming events.
2/26: CLDX is scheduled to make a highly-anticipated presentation at the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology 2023 Annual Meeting on the use of barzolvolimab (CDX-0159) for chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU).
- The Stream library contains interviews with three allergists who reviewed CLDX’s CSU interim study data last summer. All three had positive reactions, including this allergist.
2/24 and 2/27: Investor days for dental players NVST and HSIC, respectively
- The Stream library contains interviews with a wide range of dental industry experts, including dentists, orthodontists, and former employees with NVST, HSIC and their competitors. Check out this interview with a former PDCO general manager.
Stream by AlphaSense
Stream by AlphaSense is a searchable database of investor-led expert interviews based on one-on-one calls with former executives, customers, competitors, and channel participants across a breadth of industries. With our proprietary AI search technology, we help the leading financial institutions and corporations get up to speed about a company or topic in seconds.
Sign up for a 14-day trial today!
Past Stream Healthcare Recap Issues
Alyees Qureshi, Content Marketing Specialist and Healthcare Lead